Wilson Leung created this post
Bioinformatics: Command Line/R Prerequisites 2020
- UC Davis Bioinformatics Core
- October 5-9, 2020
- Workshop web site
This workshop will cover the basic computational and statistical concepts needed before performing bioinformatics analysis:
- Access to a multi-core (24 cpu or greater), "high" memory 64Gb or greater Linux server.
- Familiarity with the 'command line' and constructing scripts/pipelines.
- Basic knowledge of how to install software
- Basic knowledge of R (or equivalent) and statistical programming
- Basic knowledge of Statistics and model building
The course will include experimental data organization, basic command line and high performance computing concepts, how to install software, use help, run applications, and the basics of building scripts and pipelines. Also covered will be basic R programming, working with data tables and generating figures, basic statistical concepts, and statistical model building. There are no prerequisites for this workshop other than an interest in bioinformatics! The workshop will be on the UC Davis campus, and will run from 9am to 5:00pm each day and include light breakfast, lunch, and snacks.