Forum

Introduction

1. Talisin Hammond

Name: Tali Hammond

Institution: University of California Berkeley, Department of Integrative Biology & Museum of Vertebrate Zoology

Title: Graduate student

Reason for Interest: I helped develop an AIM-UP educational module  (http://aimup.unm.edu/for-educators/Climate%20change.html) and am interested in helping to make it more accessible in undergraduate classrooms. Also potentially interested in developing new modules!

Report abuse

2. Heather Lerner

Name: Heather Lerner

Institution: Joseph Moore Museum at Earlham College, Richmond, Indiana

Title: Director, Assistant Professor

Reason for Interest: I teach four courses at our college and am constantly finding ways to integrate my museum work with my classroom responsibilities. I teach a course called Care & Use of Collections in which students learn how to care for, collect, prepare and conduct research with biological collections. We spend most of our time in the museum and at least half of the time in the collections rooms themselves. I also worked with Colleen McLinn to develop a lab that integrates sound recordings and specimens in a lab class on phylogenetics. Finally, I work with our campus faculty on integrating the museum into their courses, both in terms of using specimens as well as using the physical space as a place for their students to interact with the public. I would love to be part of developing and using more resources for classroom integration of museum specimens and museums.

Report abuse