This is a list of the requirements of this Faculty Mentoring Network (FMN). You must complete each of these items in order to receive the Genome Solver Certificate of completion. Detailed instructions for sharing final products will be distributed in mid-November but an overview of the expectations has been shared below.
- Be an active participant for the entirety of the network
- Implement materials into at least two class periods during the Fall 2019 semester
- Share your final products to the QUBES Hub
To accomplish this goal, you must:
- Attend all of your working group meetings
- Post responses to assignment prompts in the forum
- Post a reflection of your implementation in the forum
- Be a participant facilitator for a working group meeting
Your modifications should be implemented in at least two class periods of your Fall 2019 course(s). You may implement a small portion of a module, or the whole thing. You may choose to implement the modules in separate courses (i.e. one module in your intro bio course and the other in your senior level ecology course). If you have a question, please don't hesitate to ask one of your group leaders.
You will be working through the slide decks and associated exercises. We're looking for additional exercises that illustrate the basic principles discussed in each of the slide decks. Your contributions to the lessons will help us grow our library of materials that are available for all to use.
We ask that you share your teaching materials (teacher notes, curriculum materials, assessments, etc.) on the QUBES Hub site. We also ask that you share your instructor story with the community. More detailed instructions on this process will be posted in mid-October .
We understand that scheduling meetings for a group of very busy faculty participants is difficult. If you have an unexpected conflict and are unable to attend a meeting, please let your group leaders know in advance.