Systemic Initiative for Modeling Investigations & Opportunities with Differential Equations — SIMIODE
QUICK Way to Find SIMIODE Teaching Resources
You can look here for Modeling Scenarios and Technique Narratives which are peer reviewed and classroom ready for differential equations modeling activities and topics, OR download our Resource Guide or Table of Contents, written in the fashion of a traditional differential equations text's Table of Contents, with short descriptions and links.
SIMIODE EXPO 2024, 9-11 February 2024, online international conference, with over 65 presenters and two keynoters on AI, as well as tech talks on SLOPES, WikiModel, and Insight Maker, and networking opportunities and more. . . . has completed and we are populating the conference site with Slides from speaker presentations, as well as links to videos of talks at our SIMIODE YouTube channel.
We are pleased to announce the Special SIMIODE Issue on Using Modelling to Motivate and Teach Differential Equations of International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology. 396 page rich issue of 24 articles. Check for it at IJMEST Journal site. This journal is FREE to Mathematical Association of America members.
SCUDEM VIII 2023 Outstanding Awards Team Videos are available for viewing at SIMIODE YouTube Channel.
New Modeling Scenario published on "Simulating Phosophorus Levels in the Great Lakes Using Compartment Modeling," by three colleagues at the Unites States Air Force Academy, USAFA CO USA
Just completed SIMIODE at Joint Mathematics Meeting, San Francisco CA USA, 3-6 January 2024 - AMS Special Session - Modeling to Motivate the Teaching of the Mathematics of Differential Equations. We plan to post slides from presentations. Look in this space for information.
- SIAM Review offers glowing review of Glenn Ledder's book, Mathematical Modeling for Epidemiology and Ecology.
Who We Are
SIMIODE is a 501(c)3 non-profit, open community of teachers and learners using modeling first to teach and learn differential equations in an original way.
What We Do
SIMIODE is a Community of Practice. SIMIODE activities include:
- Peer reviewed, classroom ready Modeling Scenarios and Technique Narratives for differential equations modeling activities and topics, Resource Guide or Table of Contents.
- A yearly, international EXPO for people interested in using modeling to motivate, teach, and learn differential equations,
- A textbook — Differential Equations: A Toolbox for Modeling the World by author Kurt Bryan, and
- SCUDEM — a 3-student team modeling challenge.
There are no comments on this entry.