Introduction Melissa Haswell

1. Melissa Haswell

Hello!  I'm an associate professor in the science department at Davenport University. I have been teaching anatomy and physiology, as well as pathophysiology, for the nursing program at Davenport University for the last 11 years at one of DU's satellite campuses in Midland, MI.  I also currently teach Science Ethics and Organisms and Populations for majors at our main campus in Grand Rapids, MI.  Currently, I conduct science education research on the implementation of various learning modalities such as case-based and problem-based teaching & learning, dialogue education, and genetic literacy of nursing students.  I am also a Higher Education Ambassador for Howard Hughes Medical Institute BioInteractive Science Education division (2017-present), a HITS (High-throughput Discover Science & Inquiry-based) Case Study Fellow, and a former Science Case Network Fellow and Scholar (2015-2018).  This will be my 4th BioQUEST.  I am looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new friends.  BioQUEST is also a great way to spend a week with like-minded colleagues.

Melissa

Report abuse

2. Sarah Prescott

Excited to see you and work together again!!

Report abuse