Applying Universal Design for Learning Principles to Existing Cases
Faculty Mentoring Network
Applications Due: December 10, 2021
Are you interested in applying Universal Design for Learning (UDL) principles to your existing case study?? Apply now to join us for the Applying UDL to Existing Cases Faculty Mentoring Network (FMN).
Space is limited, and the network is launching soon, so apply now!
We invite any case writers or users to apply for a Faculty Mentoring Network that will apply UDL principles to adapt existing cases.
- STEM OER Accessibility Framework
- Universal Design for Learning Guidelines
We will discuss UDL principles, consider applying inclusive mapping to the case and do a mapping activity & pinch point activity with the case you're revising (Tobin & Behling, 2018).
We hope to have also a Guide to identifying the nature of your students and what revisions might be first priority.
Dates & Location:
The virtual kick-off will be held in mid-January, 2021 (date and time TBD). The FMN will continue online to support the customization and implementation of activities in your course during the Spring 2022 semester.
How to Apply:
Applications are due December 10, 2021. You can follow this link to view the application form. Accepted applicants will be notified by December 17. Space is limited.
Commitment and Benefits of Participation:
Participants should commit to:
- Identifying a case to redesign
- Participating in the full FMN through the Spring 2021 semester, including a 1 hour biweekly meeting
- Adapt an existing case module using UDL and pilot or plan to pilot in your class
- Access to UDL principle materials
- Online support throughout the process of implementing new materials in your course. Access to peer mentors on lecture/classroom/lab effective tips and strategies in small group virtual meetings every two weeks
- Completion letter recognizing your work upon completion of all network requirements
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Pat Marstellar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tobin, T. J., & Behling, K. T. (2018). Reach everyone, teach everyone: Universal design for learning in higher education. West Virginia University Press.