The application deadline is April 23, 2017. Applicants must be able to attend all of the online meetings, which will be held every other week from June 2017 - January 2018, at a time convenient for participating faculty. All faculty are welcome to apply. We encourage faculty from minority-serving institutions and primarily undergraduate institutions or community colleges to apply. Accepted applicants will be notified by May 5, 2017.
The application collects basic contact and institutional information and includes answers to the following questions:
- List education-focused professional development you have participated in previously (200 word max)
- Describe your experiences using data in your teaching. Include challenges you have faced and strategies you ave used to engage your students with the data-driven aspects of biology (250 word max)
- Please review the required components of the FMN and discuss what materials you might want to work with, how might your integrate this into your course, and the learning outcomes you hope to address (300 word max)
Once accepted into the Network, participants should commit to the following:
- Participate in the full FMN (Jan-May 2017), including the BioQUEST Summer Workshop (July 23-28, 2017)
- Complete the implementation and development components of the FMN (more information can be found here)
- Share materials on the QUBES Hub
It is important that all participants are able to commit to the full experience. The greatest benefits of these experiences are generated in the interactions with colleagues. Your contributions will be critical to the success of this program.