This is an FMN participant modification of the TIEE module "Changes in Lake Ice: Ecosystem Responses to Global Change," authored by Robert Bohanan, Marianne Krasny, and Adam Welman in 2005.
Adapted from: Changes in Lake Ice: Ecosystem Response to Global Change v 1.0
The module was implemented at Mount Saint Mary’s University of Los Angeles by Adriane Jones.
- Course: Biology 67 Introduction to Environmental Science
- Course Level: Lower level non majors course
- Instructional Setting: Lecture
- Implementation Timeframe: The class meets twice a week for 90 min. I implemented the module around week 8 and it took only one class period (90 min).
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
- Jones, a. C. (2017). Changes in Lake Ice: Ecosystem Response to Global Change. ESA Data Discovery FMN (2017), QUBES Educational Resources. doi:10.25334/Q4N37X
I updated the excel dataset to include the year 2013. I added the raw data to the class handout, and included graph paper.