This activity guides students through an online tutorial to examine the electrical and chemical communication of neurons.
This activity involves a guided inquiry of the “Electrical Activity of Neurons” Click-and-Learn, an online tutorial that examines the electrical and chemical communication of neurons. Individually or in groups, students download and follow instructions on a worksheet to walk through each slide of the Click-and-Learn. While examining the Click-and-Learn, students respond to questions on the worksheet that highlight key details of neuronal communication.
- Electrical activity of neurons worksheet STUDENT VERSION.pdf(PDF | 125 KB)
- Electrical activity of neurons worksheet TEACHER RESOURCES March 2021 Update.pdf(PDF | 188 KB)
- Adaptation and Facilitation of Small Group Activities in an Online Introductory Biology Class | CourseSource
- Cafferty Special Edition 2020.pdf
- License terms
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
- Patrick Cafferty (2021). Electrical and chemical communication in the nervous system. HHMI BioInteractive A&P FMN (2019), (Version 2.0). QUBES Educational Resources. doi:10.25334/8GJ3-YD44