Through this 4-part bioinformatics case study, students will be led through the forensic analysis of putative Yeti artifacts based on published findings.
The case study worksheets will introduce students to BLAST analysis, provide exercises to perform BLAST analysis and MSA visualization and interpretation and a final (worksheet 4) assessment of students skills. The worksheets are designed as introductory, providing no detailed description of the algorithms, but instructing students on how to collect data using bioinformatics tools. The case uses cryptid Yeti and putative sequences as an introduction.
- BLAST word search.docx(DOCX | 11 KB)
- Yet or not Worksheet 3 Version 3.docx(DOCX | 494 KB)
- Yeti fasta file for bioinformatics.docx(DOCX | 15 KB)
- Yeti or not Answer key version 3.docx(DOCX | 27 KB)
- Yeti or not resources Version 3.docx(DOCX | 14 KB)
- Yeti or not teaching notes Version 3.docx(DOCX | 28 KB)
- Yeti or not Worksheet 1 Version 3.docx(DOCX | 1 MB)
- Yeti or not Worksheet 2 Version 3.docx(DOCX | 1 MB)
- Yeti or not Worksheet 4 Version 3.docx(DOCX | 20 KB)
- Yeti or not- background supplement.docx(DOCX | 135 KB)
- Yeti supplemental analysis.docx(DOCX | 258 KB)
- License terms
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Version 3 was incubated through NIBLSE in the summer of 2020.