Modification of the Investigating Human Impacts on Stream Ecology Module to emphasize landscape indicators and incorporate inclusive practices.
Adapted from: Investigating human impacts on stream ecology: locally and nationally v 1.0
This is a modification of the Investigating Human Impacts on Stream Ecology module. It splits the module into two sections. Each section includes revised student handouts and powerpoint for introducing the idea of landscape indicators. Students analyze nutrient concentrations and macroinvertebrate indices to indicate the effects of broad scale land use. Module also demonstrates the relationship between nutrient levels and macroinvertebrates. The modification also incorporates inclusive teaching practices.
- Stream_Lab_Macroinvertebrates.docx(DOCX | 15 KB)
- Stream_Lab_Nutrients.docx(DOCX | 66 KB)
- Teaching Notes_Cotey.pdf(PDF | 77 KB)
TIEE Module- How does nutrient pollution impact stream ecosystems locally and nationally?
- Landscape_Indicators_Macroinv_Intro.pptx(PPTX | 17 MB)
- Landscape_Indicators_Nutrients_Intro.pptx(PPTX | 8 MB)
- License terms
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
- Cotey, S. (2020). Landscape Indicators:Nutrients and Macroinvertebrates. ESA Data Access - Inclusive Pedagogy, QUBES Educational Resources. doi:10.25334/JDAD-G847