The Alliance for the Black Community (ABC) developed a workshop to help faculty at California State University East Bay redesign their syllabi to incorporate anti-racist pedagogical practices.
Listed in Teaching Materials
The Alliance for the Black Community (ABC) is an advocacy group comprised of students, staff, and faculty at California State University East Bay. We work towards improving the experiences of Black students, staff, and faculty on our campus and within institutions of higher education.
These resources cover three major syllabus components: course vision and teaching philosophy, course assessment, and course policies and logistics. They also include sample syllabi and additional resources for further reference. They can be used to run a similar workshop or as a guide for individual educators to design their own syllabi.
The workshop was run as part of ABC's broader mission in encouraging educators to adopt anti-racist practices. Please refer to our Anti-Racist Educator's Starting Guide (https://qubeshub.org/publications/2098/2) for more information.
We would like to acknowledge all the members of ABC, especially our education team (ABC-ED), for their contributions to creating these resources.
- ABC01_Anti-Racist Syllabus Key Concepts.pdf(PDF | 76 KB)
- ABC02_Course Vision Teaching Philosophy.pdf(PDF | 605 KB)
- ABC03_Video on Course Vision Teaching Philosophy.mp4(MP4 | 29 MB)
- ABC04_Video on Assessment.mp4(MP4 | 13 MB)
- ABC05_Assessment.pdf(PDF | 165 KB)
- ABC06_Policies and Logistics.pdf(PDF | 362 KB)
- ABC07_ Anti-Racist Syllabus Template.pptx(PPTX | 35 KB)
- ABC08_Sample Syllabus 1.pdf(PDF | 195 KB)
- ABC09_Sample Syllabus 2.pdf(PDF | 156 KB)
- ABC10_Sample Syllabus 3.pdf(PDF | 580 KB)
- ABC11_Sample Syllabus 4.pdf(PDF | 145 KB)
- ABC12_Sample Syllabus 5.pdf(PDF | 8 MB)
- ABC13_Sample Syllabus 6.pdf(PDF | 16 MB)
- ABC14_Anti-Racist Syllabus Resources.pdf(PDF | 47 KB)
- License terms
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: