In this session, we will be discussing teaching resources related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, featuring a few resources listed in this month’s Community Spotlight. BioQUEST staff will give a brief introduction to using QUBES collections and our inclusive teaching ontologies to find and organize resources on these themes, and a few of the authors will be in attendance to talk about their resources. We encourage participants to bring DEI resources to share in our collection on QUBES!
The webinar slides are included in this publication.
You can jump directly to sections of the video by using the links in the outline below.
- Introduction (0:00)
- The February Community Spotlight (1:30)
- Resources emerging from BIOME working groups and FMNs (2:42)
- Meta-data for inclusive pedagogy; universal design; and Open Science/Open Ed (3:54)
- Introductions to resources
- Ben Negrete - Data on Dead Zones and a Scientist Spotlight featuring Benjamin Negrete, Jr. (5:11)
- Hayley Orndorf - Getting Started with Universal Design for Learning (9:04)
- Mary Mulcahy - Integrating Social Justice into your STEM Classroom: Redlining & Health (11:32)
- Yarid Mera - Teaching Cancer Biology Through a Lens of Social Justice (14:32)
- Invitation to share additional resources and continue the conversation (17:16)
Other links mentioned in the webinar:
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: