This is an FMN participant modification of the TIEE module "Changes in Lake Ice: Ecosystem Responses to Global Change," authored by Robert Bohanan, Marianne Krasny, and Adam Welman in 2005.
Adapted from: Changes in Lake Ice: Ecosystem Response to Global Change v 1.0
The module was implemented at Winthrop University by Cynthia Tant.
- Course: BIOL 515 Environmental Biology
- Course Level: Advanced undergraduate (primarily juniors and seniors)
- Instructional Setting: Lab & Lecture
- Implementation Timeframe: 3-hour lab period
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
- Tant, C. (2017). Changes in Lake Ice: Ecosystem Response to Global Change. ESA Data Discovery FMN (2017), QUBES Educational Resources. doi:10.25334/Q4P610
I modified a version of this module that was provided by a colleague several years ago. This version has slightly different introductory information and uses a subset of the discussion questions. During the introduction of this lab, I introduced the LTER network to students by showing them a map of all the sites and, more specifically, a map of the North Temperate Lakes LTER and explaining the overall mission as well as context for different sites (2 Powerpoint slides).