This is a classroom tested introductory lesson & activity to introduce DNA Barcoding and DNA Subway Blue Line. It is for novices and will fit into a 1 hr 50 min lecture or lab class period.
Listed in Teaching Materials
Adapted from: Using DNA Subway to Analyze Sequence Relationships v 2.0
- A lab activity (with answers included) introducing DNA Barcoding, DNA Subway Blue Line and a short Blue Line activity (HYMAN et al. 2016 DNA Subway Blue Line Lab KEY.docx)
- A electronic lab notebook to help students record the data they generate in Blue Line (HYMAN et al. DNA subway lab notebook entry.docx)
- Two slide decks that help guide students through DNA Subway Blue Line. The first slide deck is a self-guided tour for students to use on their own (HYMAN et al. DNA Subway_Independent Blue Line Practice.pptx). The second slide deck is designed for an instructor led tour in class (HYMAN et al. DNA Subway_Instructor led Blue Line Practice.pptx).
- A slide deck designed to help instructors deal with common issues that can arise during blue line analyses (HYMAN et al. worked example slides for instructors.pptx).
- Two "unknown" Sanger sequencing reads (.ab1 files) for the Blue Line activity.
Content List ( Show bundle contents ) Bundle
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: