We're sorry! Resource content is currently unavailable.
The original version of the course included agent-based modeling (see Version 1 for those materials). The current version of the course does not include agent-based modeling (I now have a separate course for that). The reference readings have been updated, and the labs now contain discussion questions. At Rhodes College, peer-tutors lead 90-minute labs of 5-6 students each week. There are usually 2-3 lab sections. During the labs, the students participate in a discussion guided by the tutor using the discussion questions, and then the students work on completing the check point exercises. Each lab is designed to take 2-3 weeks. The check point exercise involves completing part of the lab assignment prior to the end of lab and reviewed by the lab tutors. The remainder of the lab assignment is completed outside of lab and class time. The last 20 minutes of lab are reserved for weekly quizzes which cover lecture and lab material. Quizzes are available upon request (bodinee @ rhodes . edu).
Contents ( Show bundle contents ) Bundle
- Lab01 Submission Template.docx(DOCX | 15 KB)
- Lab02 Submission Template.docx(DOCX | 18 KB)
- Lab03 Submission Template.docx(DOCX | 22 KB)
- Lab04 Submission Template.docx(DOCX | 25 KB)
- Lab05 Submission Template.docx(DOCX | 17 KB)
- Lab06 Submission Template.docx(DOCX | 18 KB)
- Lab1 v2.0.pdf(PDF | 1 MB)
- Lab2 v2.0.pdf(PDF | 326 KB)
- Lab3 v2.0.pdf(PDF | 343 KB)
- Lab4 v2.0.pdf(PDF | 397 KB)
- Lab5 v2.0.pdf(PDF | 297 KB)
- Lab6 v2.0.pdf(PDF | 4 MB)
- Reference Readings -- DifferenceEquations v2.0.pdf(PDF | 2 MB)
- Reference Readings -- MatrixModels v2.0.pdf(PDF | 5 MB)
- Slides -- Difference Equations F2018.pptx(PPTX | 32 MB)
- Slides -- Matrix Modeling F2018.pptx(PPTX | 10 MB)
- License terms
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
- Erin N. Bodine (2019). Discrete Math Modeling with Biological Applications (Course Materials). (Version 2.0). QUBES Educational Resources. doi:10.25334/Q4C137
Trying to figure out how to upload a new version. This test has only the first lab in it. If it works, I will upload in remaining labs soon.