Find information on common questions and issues.
Check on the status of your correspondences with members of the QUBES team.
3D breast cancer tissue reconstruction
17 Sep 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Jeremy M Wojdak1, Kerri-Ann Norton2
1. Radford University 2. Johns Hopkins University
This module allows students to follow a researcher as she discovers new features of breast cancer tissue architecture, using 3D reconstructions of histological specimens.
24 Aug 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
A Fun Introductory Command Line Exercise: Next Generation Sequencing Quality Analysis with Emoji!
07 Jun 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Rachael St. Jacques1, Max Maza1, Sabrina Robertson2, Guoqing Lu3, Andrew Lonsdale4, Ray A Enke5
1. Department of Biology, James Madison University 2. Department of Psychology & Neuroscience, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 3. Department of Biology and School of Interdisciplinary Informatics, University of Nebraska Omaha 4. ARC Centre of Excellence in Plant Cell Walls, Melbourne University 5. James Madison University
This resource is a fun computer-based intro to command line programming. The activity takes FASTQ NGS data files and runs a fun program called FASTQE.
28 Feb 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
A Hands-on Introduction to Hidden Markov Models
04 Jan 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Tony Weisstein1, Elena Gracheva2, Zane Goodwin2, Zongtai Qi2, Wilson Leung2, Christopher D. Shaffer2, Sarah C.R. Elgin2
1. Truman State University 2. Washington University in St. Louis
A lesson in which students will understand the basic structure of an HMM, the types of data used in ab initio gene prediction, and its consequent limitations.
A Walk Through the Woods
09 Jan 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Jerome Chave1, David Coomes2, Steven Jansen3, Simon Lewis4, Nathan Swenson5, Amy Zanne6, Gaby Lopez-Gonzales7, J Ilic, RB Miller8, MC Wiemann9, Samantha Swauger10
1. The Academy of Europe 2. Cambridge University 3. Ulm University 4. University College London 5. University of Maryland 6. The George Washington University 7. University of Leeds 8. University of California, Berkeley 9. University of Florida 10. DryadLab
Data driven curriculum module from Dryad Digital Repository
Agent-Based Modeling Course Materials
29 Jan 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Erin N. Bodine
Materials created for an upper level ABM course. Prerequisite: Students have taken either (a) another modeling course, or (b) the introductory computer science sequence.
Avian Censys Analysis
23 Jan 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Darcy Taniguchi
This Swirl course uses ecological data of bird counts and habitat variables to estimate inter-observer variability and the relationship of birds with habitat variables.
Biogeography of plant-associated fungi: who lives where and why?
28 May 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Naupaka Bruce Zimmerman1, Peter Vitousek2
1. University of San Francisco 2. Stanford University
This dataset of fungal communities associated with the leaves an endemic Hawaiian tree provides students opportunities to explore relationships between environmental variables and microbial...
Bioinformatics - Investigating Sequence Similarity
04 Dec 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Adam Kleinschmit1, Benita Brink1, Steven Roof2, Carlos Christopher Goller3, Sabrina Robertson3
1. Adams State University 2. Fairmont State University 3. North Carolina State University
This laboratory module, leads introductory biology students in the exploration of a basic set of bioinformatics concepts and tools.
05 Jul 2017 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Adam Kleinschmit1, Benita Brink1, Steven Roof2, Komal Vig3, Carlos Christopher Goller4, Sabrina Robertson5
1. Adams State University 2. Hampshire College 3. Alabama State University 4. North Carolina State University 5. NC State
05 Jun 2017 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Adam Kleinschmit1, Benita Brink1, Steven Roof2, Komal Vig3
1. Adams State University 2. Hampshire College 3. Alabama State University
31 Jan 2017 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
Bioinformatics: Investigating Sequence Similarity - A Plant Biology Approach
29 May 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Ami Erickson
This laboratory module is a modification of the original published on CourseSource with a focus on plant biology. In the final activity, students conduct a BLAST to compare histone protein...
Competition under the Sea: Exploring the competitive interaction between native and non-native seagrasses in the Caribbean
26 May 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Demian Alexander Willette
Loyola Marymount University
A mini-case study that uses real-world data to explore the competitive interaction among seagrasses.
Connecting Students to Citizen Science and Curated Collections
18 Mar 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Anna Monfils1, Erica Krimmel, Debra Linton1, Travis Marsico2, Ashley Morris3, Brad Ruhfel4
1. Central Michigan University 2. Arkansas State University 3. Middle Tennessee State University 4. University of Michigan
This educational module utilizes the traditional plant collection experience to engage students with biodiversity data protocols and resources available in our information-rich digital age.
Data is the New Science
12 Apr 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Anna Monfils1, Debra Linton1, Libby Ellwood2, Molly Phillips3
1. Central Michigan University 2. iDigBio 3. iDigBio, Florida Museum of Natural History, University of Florida
In this module, students will be introduced to some emerging biodiversity data resources. They will be asked to think critically about the strengths and utility of these data resources and apply...
Data Management using National Ecological Observatory Network's (NEON) Small Mammal Data with Accompanying Lesson on Mark Recapture Analysis
19 Jun 2018 | Datasets | Contributor(s):
By Jim McNeil1, Megan A. Jones2
1. George Mason University; Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation 2. National Ecological Observatory Network
Students use small mammal data from the National Ecological Observatory Network to understand necessary steps of data management from data collection to data analysis by estimating small mammal...
17 Apr 2018 | Datasets | Contributor(s):
19 Feb 2018 | Datasets | Contributor(s):