Find information on common questions and issues.
Check on the status of your correspondences with members of the QUBES team.
Development of the NIBLSE Learning Resource Collection and Incubators
16 Mar 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Bill Morgan1, Sam S Donovan2, Hayley Orndorf2, Sabrina Robertson3, Elizabeth Ryder4, Michael Sierk5, Anne Rosenwald6, Liz Dinsdale7, Eric Triplett8, Mark A. Pauley9, William Tapprich10
1. The College of Wooster 2. University of Pittsburgh 3. North Carolina State University 4. Worcester Polytechnic Institute 5. Saint Vincent College 6. Georgetown University 7. San Diego State University 8. University of Florida 9. University of Nebraska at Omaha 10. University of Nebraska - Omaha
Talk on the NIBLSE Resource Collection and Incubators given at several professional development confernces
Michael William Mangan
RNAseq data analysis using Galaxy
13 Nov 2017 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Matthew Escobar1, Sam S Donovan2, Irina Makarevitch3, Bill Morgan4, Sabrina Robertson5
1. California State University San Marcos 2. University of Pittsburgh 3. Hamline University 4. The College of Wooster 5. North Carolina State University
This is a bioinformatics exercise intended for use in a computer lab setting with life science majors.
Nhan Do Minh Nguyen
DNA Subway Learning Resources
18 Oct 2017 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Jason Williams
DNA Learning Center
DNA Subway is a NIBLSE Recommended resource. This is a collection of learning resources associated with DNA Subway.
Bioinformatics: CpG Islands
17 Oct 2017 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Edward Himelblau
California Polytechnic State University
This is an introductory bioinformatics exercise intended for use in a genetics course.
Video Genomics YouTube Play list, Fall 2017
11 Oct 2017 |
Posted by Hong Qin
Maria B. Lazebnik
Bioinformatics - Investigating Sequence Similarity
05 Jul 2017 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Adam Kleinschmit1, Benita Brink1, Steven Roof2, Komal Vig3, Carlos Christopher Goller4, Sabrina Robertson5
1. Adams State University 2. Hampshire College 3. Alabama State University 4. North Carolina State University 5. NC State
This laboratory module, leads introductory biology students in the exploration of a basic set of bioinformatics concepts and tools.
Wolf Sheep Predation Simulation Exercise
05 Jun 2017 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Liz Ryder
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
This resource is an exercise to introduce students to agent-based modeling of biological systems through working with a simple existing model.
By Adam Kleinschmit1, Benita Brink1, Steven Roof2, Komal Vig3
1. Adams State University 2. Hampshire College 3. Alabama State University
Exploring HIV Evolution
By Sam S Donovan1, Tony Weisstein2
1. University of Pittsburgh 2. Truman State University
In this activity you will study aspects of sequence evolution by working with a set of HIV sequence data from 15 different subjects (Markham, et al., 1998). You will first learn about the dataset,...
Needleman - Wunsch Algorithm Exercise
By Michael Sierk
Saint Vincent College
This exercise is used in a sophomore-junior level bioinformatics course. The algorithm is introduced to the students who then complete the exercise.
Paul E Kehle
31 Jan 2017 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
Naupaka Bruce Zimmerman
13 Oct 2016 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Michael Sierk1, Sam S Donovan2, Neal Grandgenett, Bill Morgan3, Mark A. Pauley4, Elizabeth Ryder5
1. Saint Vincent College 2. University of Pittsburgh 3. The College of Wooster 4. University of Nebraska at Omaha 5. Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Laura Kelly Vaughan