HITS: A network to create inquiry-based case studies that make high-throughput approaches and discovery accessible
25 Jul 2021 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Carlos Christopher Goller1, Sabrina Robertson2
1. North Carolina State University 2. UNC-Chapel Hill
Poster on the work of the NSF-funded High-throughput Discovery Science & Inquiry-based Case Studies for Today’s Students (HITS) Research Coordination Network. Presented at the 2021 BIOME Institute.
18 Jul 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
HITS brings together interdisciplinary groups of HT researchers and instructors to produce authentic HT case studies that can be implemented in a variety of courses, allowing students to analyze...
HITS: A network to promote high-throughput (HT) approaches through inquiry-based case studies
14 Mar 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Carlos Christopher Goller1, Stefanie Chen1, Sabrina Robertson2
1. North Carolina State University 2. University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
Poster on the HITS project presented at the 2018 Annual Fall Conference for the National Center for Case Study Teaching In Science.
Learning about Protein Structure and Function with Molecular CaseNet
22 Jul 2021 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Laurel Lorenz1, Keith A. Johnson2, Anya Goodman3, Shuchismita Dutta4
1. Princeton University 2. Bradley University 3. California Polytechnic State University 4. Rutgers University
Poster on the case studies available through Molecular CaseNet that focus on protein structure and function. Presented at the 2021 BIOME Institute.
Students Authoring Molecular Case Studies
By Elizabeth Pollock1, Kasandra Riley (She/Her)2, Didem Vardar-Ulu3, Shuchismita Dutta4
1. Stockton University 2. Rollins College 3. Boston University, Chemistry Department 4. RCSB Protein Data Bank, Rutgers University
Poster on using case studies to help students develop their skills in reading primary literature and identifying authentic scientific problems by authoring their own case studies. Presented at the...
Using Case Studies to Engage Students in Wicked Problems
22 Jun 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Stacey Kiser1, Pat Marsteller2, Aditi Pai3, Justin Pruneski4, Ethel D Stanley5, Margaret Waterman6
1. Lane Community College, BioQUEST 2. Emory University 3. Spelman College 4. Heidelberg University 5. BioQUEST 6. Southeast Missouri State University
Interactive presentation on using case studies at the 2018 QUBES/BioQUEST Summer Workshop
21 Jun 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):