Find information on common questions and issues.
Check on the status of your correspondences with members of the QUBES team.
Module 5: The Need for an Open Reading Frame
25 Jul 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Carina Howell1, Leocadia Paliulis2, Anne Rosenwald3
1. Lock Haven University 2. Bucknell University 3. Georgetown University
In this module, students will learn to identify the open reading frames for a given gene, and define the phases of the splice donor and acceptor sites.
Module 3: Transcription, Part II: What Happens to the Initial Transcript Made by RNA pol II?
By Cathy Silver Key1, Chiyedza Small2, Laura Reed3
1. North Carolina Central University 2. Medgar Evers College CUNY 3. The University of Alabama
This module teaches about the three key steps that are involved in converting the pre-mRNA into a mature mRNA: 1) The addition of a 5’ cap, 2) The addition of a 3’ poly(A) tail, 3) The removal of...
Module 2: Transcription Part I: From DNA Sequence to Transcription Unit
By Maria Santisteban1, Alexa Sawa2
1. University of North Carolina - Pembroke 2. College of the Desert
This module illustrates how a primary transcript (pre-mRNA) is synthesized using a DNA molecule as the template. Students will learn about the importance of the 5' and 3' regions of the gene for...
Module 1: Introduction to the Genome Browser: What is a Gene?
By Joyce Stamm1, Jennifer Kennell2, Wilson Leung3, Leocadia Paliulis4, Srebrenka Robic5, Anne Rosenwald6
1. University of Evansville 2. Vassar College 3. Washington University in St. Louis 4. Bucknell University 5. Agnes Scott College 6. Georgetown University
This lesson introduces the University of California Santa Cruz genome browser to students, walking them through some of the key features so that it can be used for analysis of gene structure.
GEA Introductory lesson on RNA-Seq
By Jason Williams1, Judy Brusslan2, Ray Enke3, Matthew Escobar4, Vince Buonaccorsi5
1. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory 2. California State University Long Beach 3. James Madison University 4. California State University San Marcos 5. Juniata College
This RNA-Seq lesson uses the CyVerse VICE Platform and Jupyter notebooks to examine the expression of the leptin gene in samples from a mouse experimental design evaluating diet (high-fat vs....