Find information on common questions and issues.
Check on the status of your correspondences with members of the QUBES team.
Research and Teaching Opportunities with a Large-scale Salamander Collaboration Network (SPARCnet): TWS Poster
14 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Kristine Grayson1, M. Caitlin Fisher-Reid2, Louise Mead3, Hannah Coovert1, Raisa Hernández Pacheco4, Jennifer Sevin1, Alexa Warwick5, Tanya Matlaga6, Sean Sterrett7, Chris Sutherland8, Jill Fleming9, David Muñoz10, David Miller10, Evan Grant9
1. University of Richmond 2. Bridgewater State University 3. BEACON Center for the Study of Evolution in Action 4. California State University-Long Beach 5. Michigan State University 6. Susquehanna University 7. Monmouth Unversity 8. University of St Andrews 9. United States Geological Survey 10. Penn State University
Poster presented at the 2020 virtual meeting of The Wildlife Society (TWS) on research and teaching opportunities with the Salamander Population and Adaptation Research Collaboration Network...
QUBES: An education gateway for accelerating undergraduate biology education reform
11 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Sam S Donovan1, Jeremy M Wojdak2, Kristin Jenkins3, Drew LaMar4
1. University of Pittsburgh 2. Radford University 3. BioQUEST 4. College of William and Mary
Poster about QUBES as an education gateway presented at the 2020 Partners@QUBES Leadership Summit.
Introduction to the Math Modeling Hub
10 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Jason Douma
University of Sioux Falls
The Math Modeling Hub (MMHub) is an online community of practice and OER resource repository for math modeling educators at all grade levels. We have been a partner with QUBES since our initial...
Built-in Flexibility: Lessons learned to engage your community virtually
By Andrew Osborne Hasley1, Hayley Orndorf2, Deborah Rook1
1. BioQUEST 2. University of Pittsburgh
Materials and resources for "Built-in Flexibility," an episode of the webinar series, "Adapting to COVID-19: Resources for Natural History Collections in a New Virtual World."
NIBLSE Collaborative Community Model for developing, disseminating, and assessing bioinformatics learning resources
08 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By William (Bill) Morgan1, Adam Kleinschmit2, Anne Rosenwald3, Eric Triplett4, Mark A. Pauley5, William Tapprich6
1. The College of Wooster 2. University of Dubuque 3. Georgetown University 4. University of Florida 5. University of Nebraska at Omaha 6. University of Nebraska-Omaha
The Network for Integrating Bioinformatics into Life Sciences Education (NIBLSE) has cultivated a collaborative community model to facilitate the development, dissemination, and assessment of...
07 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
A Critical Guide to the UniProtKB Flat-file Format
05 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Teresa Attwood1, GOBLET Foundation
The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
This Critical Guide briefly presents the need for biological databases and for a standard format for storing and organising biological data.
A Critical Guide to the PDB
This Critical Guide in the Introduction to Bioinformatics series provides a brief outline of the Protein Data Bank – the PDB – the world’s primary repository of biological macromolecular structures.
A Critical Guide to Unix
04 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Teresa Attwood1, GOBLET Foundation2
1. The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK 2. Global Organisation for Bioinformatics Learning, Education & Training
This Critical Guide in the Introduction to Bioinformatics series briefly introduces the Unix Operating System, and provides a subset of some of the most helpful and commonly used commands....
Faculty Mentoring Networks: Community Professional Development for the Digital Age
By Deborah Rook1, Sam S Donovan2, Carrie Diaz Eaton3, Kristin Jenkins1, Drew LaMar4, Jeremy M Wojdak5, Nicole Chodkowski5, Elia Crisucci2, Adam Fagen6, Gabriela Hamerlinck7, Elizabeth Hamman8, Hayley Orndorf9
1. BioQUEST 2. University of Pittsburgh 3. Bates College and QUBES 4. College of William and Mary 5. Radford University 6. BioQUEST Curriculum Consortium 7. QUBES, BioQUEST 8. Tulane University 9. QUBES; BioQUEST; University of Pittsburgh
Poster for Partners@QUBES Leadership Summit 2020What is an FMN? What is it like to be in one? What are the benefits?
CC-CURE Report Out from the BIOME 2020 Institute
03 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Caroline DeVan1, Eric Dyreson2, Gabriela Florido3, Joanna Werner-Fraczek3, Joseph Eason2, Kasey Nguyen3, Katie Bjornen2, Kristin Jenkins4, Kyla Flanagan, Maria Stanko1, Mary Konsolaki1, Michelle Anderson5, Sam S Donovan6
1. New Jersey Institute of Technology 2. University of Montana Western 3. Moreno Valley College 4. BioQUEST 5. The University of Montana Western 6. University of Pittsburgh
This resource includes a collection of videos describing some of the outcomes from the Interdisciplinary and Cross Course CURE working group.
Social Justice & Community Change QUBES Faculty Mentoring Network 2021
By Tamara Basham1, Mary Mulcahy2, Denise Piechnik2, Pat Marsteller3
1. Collin County Commuity College District 2. University of Pittsburgh at Bradford 3. Emory University
In this Faculty Mentoring Network we will examine the historical practice of redlining and how social and economic factors over the last century have created disparities in environmental conditions...
In this Faculty Mentoring Network we will examine the historical practice of redlining, and how social and economic factors over the last century have created disparities in environmental...
Serckit - Supporting Communities in Working, Learning, and Sharing Together
By Sean Fox1, Cathryn Allen Manduca2, Ellen Iverson2
1. SERC 2. Carleton College
Over the last 18 years SERC at Carleton College has developed a collaborative platform for science education serving over one hundred projects, thousands of community authors and millions of annual...
Social Justice Working Group - Scientist Spotlights
By Pat Marsteller1, Sarah Prescott2, Justin Michael Bradshaw3, Kristen Butela4, Robert E Furrow5, Pratima Jindal6, Rachel Pigg7, Merrie Renee Richardson8, Sheela Vemu9, Suann Yang10
1. Emory University 2. University of New Hampshire 3. Johnston Community College 4. University of Pittsburgh 5. University of California, Davis 6. Waubonsee Community College 7. University of Louisville 8. Southcentral Kentucky Community & Technical College 9. Waubonsee Community College - Tenure Track and Northern Illinois University 10. State University of New York College at Geneseo
This is a reporting out of the work done by participants in the Social Justice Working group that formed as part of the BIOME 2020 Institute, which is focused on the creation and use of scientist...
Re-Envisioning Culture Network: A Syllabus Guide
01 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Alexis E Hunter, Michele Williams, Terrell R Morton1, Imari Deon Bramlett2, Auden Conyers2
1. University of Missouri - Columbia 2. University of Missouri
The Re-Envisioning Culture Network Syllabus aims to honor Black identity and culture while acknowledging the barriers that Black undergraduate students face through definitions, art, storytelling,...
Using Natural History Collection Data in Your CURE: BLUE BIOME 2020
By Anna Monfils1, Debra Linton1, Rachael Snodgrass1, Katie Pearson2, Jenn Yost, Johanna Jantzen, Douglas Soltis3, Pamela Sue Soltis, Shelly Gaynor3
1. Central Michigan University 2. Cal Poly State University 3. University of Florida
This is the report for the BLUE working group from the Biome Institute 2020. It reflects our group's efforts and products related to CUREs and Natural History Collection Digital Data.
Team microBIOME Fall 2020 - DIY microbiome analysis
25 Nov 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Davida Smyth1, Alice Tarun2, Christine Girtain3, Melanie Lenahan4, Maira Goytia, Khuanchivin Geena Sompanya5, Theodore Muth6
1. The New School 2. Alfred State College 3. Toms River Regional School NJ 4. Raritan Valley Community College 5. CUNY 6. CUNY Brooklyn College
This is our final team report for this year's BIOME Institute 2020. Learn about what we got up to and what we're planning for Spring 2021. If you want more information on REMNet go...
QB@CC Poster for NABT 2020
24 Nov 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Jennifer Glee Buntz1, Joseph Esquibel2, Kristin Jenkins3, Vedham Karpakakunjaram4, Jillian Marie Miller5, Christianne Baucom Nieuwsma6, Heather Seitz7, John Howard Starnes8
1. Central New Mexico Community College 2. University of Wisconsin - Madison, Madison College 3. BioQUEST 4. Montgomery College 5. Roane State Community College 6. South Mountain Community College 7. Johnson County Community College 8. Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College
This is a poster presentation at the 2020 NABT Annual PD Conference. This poster describes the goals of QB@CC project, progress in the first year and an update on the upcoming events.