Life Discovery RCN travel logistics
Here are some details to help you plan your trip to the in-person meeting on Thursday, October 19th, 8:30am - 5pm in Norman, OK (see preliminary agenda here). We will have a group dinner at 7pm on Wednesday Oct 18 for those that can arrive by then.
1. We hope that you plan to participate in ESA’s 4th Life Discovery: Doing Science Biology Education Conference (LDC). This year’s meeting, Data: Discover, Investigate, and Reform, will run October 20-21st.
Registration details (ONLY if attending Life Discovery):
- Registration is through the LDC registration website. We will be registering as a group, so you will not need to pay individually. Please contact Kaitlin Bonner (or see the email you received) to enter our coupon code to bypass the payment process.
- Conference registration will also include:
- Lunch and dinner on Friday and lunch on Saturday
- Transportation from hotel to University on Friday and Saturday
- Note: You will need to create a user account and password if you are not already a member of ESA. If Please note that registration will require you to select workshops that you would like to attend during the 2 days (see program here). If for some reason, you need to re-enter any information, be sure to click on the Update Response button before continuing. For information about the conference program, please visit the LDC website.
2. The RCN-UBE Incubator has funding for conference registration, travel, hotel, and food during our meeting and the conference (including hotel during the LDC meeting).
- Hotel: The LDC hotel HQ is the Marriott Conference Center at NCED at a negotiated rate of $95 + tax (13.75%). To ensure that you receive the special rates, please make your reservation online here by September 28, 2017.
- While taxi company fare is expensive, we can reimburse basic Lyft or Uber transportation. The hotel also runs a shuttle to and from the airport, Will Rogers World Airport, Oklahoma City, OK. Current rates are $32 per person. Advanced reservations are recommended, forty-eight (48) hours in advance. We will make a google sheet of travel information available to help you coordinate sharing rides with other participants.
- Room rate includes Breakfast Buffet in the Grill Restaurant for one person each morning and complimentary WiFi.
RCN participants, please write to Kaitlin Bonner (email@example.com) by September 8th to let us know the following:
- Tentative dates of arrival and departure (please consider arriving in time for dinner on Wednesday night), and mode of transportation (flight, driving, etc.). If you have already purchased your flight, please let us know the details. We will make a google To be abundantly cautious, we are asking that you wait to purchase your flight (which will be reimbursed) until the final NSF processing to send our funding to St. John Fisher is complete.
- Please let us know if you plan on using other external funding for this meeting and will not need reimbursements from us.