DFMorph (Darwin's Finch Morphology) database
The Darwin's Finch Morphology database contains data, mostly morphological (e.g., beak dimensions), on individual Darwin’s finches. The data are from a number of published and unpublished sources.
Explore in Radiant
Note: You must be a member of the BIRDD group to explore this data in Radiant.
- Price, F. and Donovan, S. (2006). "BioQUEST Library VII: BIRDD: Beagle Investigations Return with Darwinian Data Version 2.0 (User Notes)." BioQUEST Curriculum Consortium.
- Lack, D.L. (1945). “The Galápagos finches (Geospizinae): a study in variation.” Occasional Papers of the California Academy of Sciences 21: 1-159.
- Lack, D.L. (1947). Darwin's Finches: an essay on the general biological theory of evolution. Cambridge, England, Cambridge University Press.
- Lack, D.L. (1969). “Subspecies and sympatry in Darwin's Finches.” Evolution 23: 252-263.
- Snodgrass, R. E. and E. Heller (1904). “Papers from the Hopkins-Stanford Galapagos Expedition, 1898-99 XVI. Birds.” Proc. Wash. Acad. Sci. 5: 231-372.
- Sulloway, F. J. (1982). “The Beagle collections of Darwin's Finches (Geospizinae).” Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History), Zoology series 43: 49-94.
- Swarth, H. S. (1931). “The avifauna of the Galapagos Islands.” Occ. Pap. Calif. Acad. Sci 18: 5-299.
Drew LaMar onto Morphology BIRDD Data