Ellen Wisner created this post
Instructions for contributing to this collection
We encourage everyone to submit items for this collection. Please use the table above to determine how to categorize and tag your item.
In addition, please tag which learning outcome(s) your item addresses, and include the tag Mechanisms.
EXAMPLE: If you are posting a tool that addresses learning outcomes 1.2 &1. 3 you would include the following tags: Tools, LO1.2, LO1.3, Mechanisms
*Please use this format when tagging as it will make the collection easier to search.
This is a place to contribute resources, tools, and assessments that address the following learning outcomes under the broad theme of mechanisms of evolution.
Students are able to:
1. Demonstrate how morphological evolution results from a subset of molecular evolution
2. Compare and contrast the likelihood of phenotypic and genotypic convergence
3. Demonstrate how evolutionary changes are constrained by existing genotypic and phenotypic variation.
4. Recognize that evolution occurs in an environment that varies over space and time.
5. Evaluate the relative importance of abiotic versus biotic factors on selection
6. Recognize and compare multiple evolutionary solutions to similar environmental challenges
This is part of the Tree of Life working group. Click here to read about our general goals and framework.