QUBES Ambassadors are an integral part of promoting opportunities available through QUBES to new audiences. As a QUBES Ambassador, you will share information about your experience with QUBES to invite your colleagues to participate in the QUBES community. For example, you could share your experience participating in or leading a Faculty Mentoring Network (FMN) professional development experience.
The QUBES Ambassadors are formally recognized for their service within the QUBES community, and we encourage Ambassadors to include this award on their CV and within tenure and promotion documentation. QUBES may be able to provide financial support for Ambassadors to assist in extending the reach of QUBES.
There are many ways that you can pursue a QUBES Ambassadorship. Here are a few examples, though these are not the only options.
- Present at a professional scientific or educational conference within your discipline or beyond
- Present a local workshop for faculty colleagues
- Present a local workshop for postdoctoral researchers and graduate students
- Present a local workshop for K-12 teachers
- Help defer costs of publications
Have another idea? For more information and with any questions, Contact QUBES!