Systemic Initiative for Modelling Investigations & Opportunities with Differential Equations — SIMIODE
Registration for SCUDEM VI 2021 is happening now.
SCUDEM is a 3-student group modeling challenge that runs over multiple days culminating in a 10 minute video which is reviewed by at least 3 judges. Teams and Coaches may meet remotely. Challenge Problems are provided in the areas of:
- chemistry/life sciences,
- social sciences/humanities.
SIMIODE is joining forces with QUBES so we can be a part of this sustainable and vibrant community. Watch this webspace for updates as we migrate our resources here.
Who We Are
SIMIODE is an open community of teachers and learners using modeling first differential equations in an original way.
What We Do
SIMIODE is a Community of Practice. SIMIODE activities include:
- Peer reviewed, classroom ready Modeling Scenarios for differential equations modeling activities,
- Peer reviewed, classroom ready Technique Narratives for differential equations topics,
- A yearly, international Expo for people interested in using modeling to motivate, teach, and learn differential equations,
- A textbook — Differential Equations: A Toolbox for Modeling the World by author Kurt Bryan, and
- SCUDEM — a 3-student team modeling challenge.
There are no comments on this entry.