In order to develop for a supergroup:
- Get access to HubZero's GitLab repository and fork the repository corresponding to your group. [link]
- Choose a location to do the design and development. [link]
- Get more information on how to design web pages and templates. [link]
Getting access to GitLab
New supergroup developers need to follow these steps (summarized from these instructions):
- Submit a support ticket requesting Gitlab access. In the ticket, state the supergroup name and all users requesting access. Within 24-48 hours, you will receive an email with a temporary password to Gitlab. Visit the Gitlab site and change your password.
- On the Gitlab site, enter or request an SSH key.
- Once this is done, go to the supergroup repository (owner will be qubeshub). Fork the repo.
Choose a location for design and development
There are two main options for where to do the design and development:
- Download an instance of the HubZero CMS through the use of a Vagrant Box (recommended)
- Request access to the QUBES dev server by submitting a support ticket (requests granted only on rare occasions)
This link tells you everything you need to know regarding designing and developing within a supergroup, including how to edit the global template, how to create page templates, and how to create standalone pages outside of the front-end page creation workflow.
Comments on this entry
There are no comments on this entry.
Post a comment