Humane Genetics Education Institute for College Biology Faculty
BSCS Science Learning will be offering a professional development institute on Humane Genetics Education for college biology faculty beginning on January 14th, 2022. This institute will provide instructors with the instructional frameworks and curriculum needed to teach about race and human population genetics in order to reduce racially biased beliefs in students.
· The institute begins on Tuesday, January 14th at 2pm MST
· It will continue each Tuesday for 10 weeks
· Weeks 1-4 and 6-9 we will meet from 2-5pm Mountain Time
· Weeks 5 and 10 we will meet 1-5pm Mountain Time
· There are 14 seats available for the institute
· The institute will occur online via the gather.town platform
To apply to the institute, please fill out this survey by November 15: https://bscs.co1.
To learn more about Humane Genetics Education, please refer to the following open-access papers, websites, and presentations:
We will notify applicants who are accepted into the institute by mid-December.
|When:||Monday 15 November, 2021, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST|
|This event is a deadline:||YES|