Pre-lesson: Introduction to BLAST
Author(s): Anne Rosenwald1, Gaurav Arora2, Vinayak Mathur3
1. Georgetown University 2. Gallaudet University 3. Cabrini University
780 total view(s), 925 download(s)
Genome Solver began as a way to teach undergraduate faculty some basic skills in bioinformatics; no coding or scripting is required. This pre-lesson introduces the BLAST tool.
- BLAST exercise_Aug 14 2020 WS_GA.docx(DOCX | 20 KB)
- BLAST exercise_Aug142020 WS_GA.docx(DOCX | 3 MB)
- BLAST_Aug142020WS_GA.ppt(PPT | 8 MB)
- License terms
Genome Solver began as a way to teach undergraduate faculty some basic skills in bioinformatics; no coding or scripting is required. This pre-lesson serves as an introduction to the BLAST (basic local alignment search tool) which some might feel is useful before embarking on the main lessons.
Materials were updated summer 2020 to match changes to external tools cited in this lesson.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
- Anne Rosenwald, Gaurav Arora, Vinayak Mathur (2020). Pre-lesson: Introduction to BLAST. Genome Solver, (Version 2.0). QUBES Educational Resources. doi:10.25334/TY8V-G541
There are no comments on this resource.