Taught in Biology 203: Ecology and Evolution. Textbook: “Biological Science 4th edition, Scott Freeman, Prentice Hall, 2010.”
- Lecture should introduce the various island effects and species diversity.
- Chapters that address these topics include: Evolution by Natural Selection (ch24), Evolutionary processes (ch25), Biogeography (ch50), Species richness in ecological communities (ch53), and Biodiversity and conservation (ch55).
- The lab will address Arctos searches, and concepts reinforcing lecture topics. Most of the work will be done as homework or a semester project. Final lab report will be due at the end of the semester with intermediate “check points” throughout.
- Relevant topics in the current lab manual include: Topic 20: Evidence of Evolution, and Topic 21: Natural Selection
- This can be extended to higher level courses and to other “island” systems.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: