This is an FMN participant supplement for the TIEE module "Investigating the footprint of climate change on phenology and ecological interactions in north-central North America," authored by Kellen Calinger in 2014.
The module and supplements were implemented at Foothill College by Gillian Schultz.
- Course: Biology 1C. Evolution, Systematics and Ecology
- Course Level: This is the third quarter of a three quarter biology major’s series.
- Instructional Setting: This is a lecture and lab course (4 hours lecture, 6 hours lab /week)
- Implementation Timeframe: This lab was implemented in a three hour time period.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
- Schultz, G. (2017). Investigating the footprint of climate change on phenology and ecological interactions in north-central North America. ESA Data Discovery FMN (2017), QUBES Educational Resources. doi:10.25334/Q46P4M
I have not made any specific changes to this module. Ultimately, I would like to modify it to use data from California instead of Ohio, but it will take some time to gather that data. Ultimately, I would like students to use their collected data along with data from other sources to determine the footprint of climate change as represented by their species.