Find information on common questions and issues.
Check on the status of your correspondences with members of the QUBES team.
Science of Sorting
22 Apr 2021 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Julia Robinson1, Margaret t Liechty2, Ashley Kramer3
1. Cecilia Berg Center for Environmental Education; Hefner Museum of Natural History; Miami University 2. Cecilia Berg Center for Environmental Education, Hefner Museum of Natural History,Miami University 3. Cecilia Berg Center of Environmental Education; Hefner Museum of Natural History; Miami University
Children possess an innate curiosity about the natural world. This Discovery Trunk explores the topic of sorting, or classification, in the study of life science.
2019 EDSIN Conference Proceedings
02 Apr 2021 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Alycia Crall1, Carrie Diaz Eaton2, Wendy Gram, Shobhana Gupta, AJ Lauer3, Lea Shanley, Sarah A Stone4, Bonnie Swan5, Elizabeth Sudduth6, Kaitlin Stack Whitney7, Kamuela Yong8
1. National Ecological Observatory Network 2. Unity College 3. National Center for Atmospheric Research 4. eScience Institute - University of Washington 5. University of Central Florida 6. Georgia Gwinnett College 7. Rochester Institute of Technology 8. University of Hawaii - West Oahu
Bringing Conversations on Diversity and Inclusion in Data Science to the Ecological and Environmental Sciences, was a 3-day conference hosted at the UCAR's Center Green in Boulder, Colorado, April...
Closing the Gap in the Open Educational Resources (OER) Life Cycle for Using Research Data in the Ecology Classroom
30 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Kristine Grayson1, Kaitlin Bonner2, Arietta Fleming-Davies3, Ben Wu4, Raisa Hernández-Pacheco5
1. University of Richmond 2. St. John Fisher College 3. QUBES; Radford University 4. Texas AM University 5. California State University-Long Beach
Poster presented at the 2018 meeting of the Ecological Society of America on gaps in the curriculum cycle for open educational resources (OER) and our work supporting sharing and adaptation of...
Cross-Cultural Virtual Classroom for High School Calculus
14 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Chonilo Sales Saldon
Zamboanga del Norte National High School, Philippines
The Covid-19 pandemic has forced institutions to conduct distance learning. Though challenging, this has also created pedagogical possibilities. Students can now experience cultural exchange though...
Perspectives and practices in sharing data-centric adaptations in the biology classroom: How, why, when, and where are instructors sharing these high-impact pedagogies?
By Kaitlin Bonner1, Arietta Fleming-Davies2, Kristine Grayson3, Ben Wu4, Raisa Hernández Pacheco5
1. St. John Fisher College 2. QUBES; Radford University 3. University of Richmond 4. Texas AM University 5. California State University-Long Beach
Poster presented at the 2019 meeting of the National Association of Biology Teachers on barriers to fully utilizing the complete Open Education Resources lifecycle
Research and Teaching Opportunities with a Large-scale Salamander Collaboration Network (SPARCnet): TWS Poster
By Kristine Grayson1, M. Caitlin Fisher-Reid2, Louise Mead3, Hannah Coovert1, Raisa Hernández Pacheco4, Jennifer Sevin1, Alexa Warwick5, Tanya Matlaga6, Sean Sterrett7, Chris Sutherland8, Jill Fleming9, David Muñoz10, David Miller10, Evan Grant9
1. University of Richmond 2. Bridgewater State University 3. BEACON Center for the Study of Evolution in Action 4. California State University-Long Beach 5. Michigan State University 6. Susquehanna University 7. Monmouth Unversity 8. University of St Andrews 9. United States Geological Survey 10. Penn State University
Poster presented at the 2020 virtual meeting of The Wildlife Society (TWS) on research and teaching opportunities with the Salamander Population and Adaptation Research Collaboration Network...
QUBES: An education gateway for accelerating undergraduate biology education reform
11 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Sam S Donovan1, Jeremy M Wojdak2, Kristin Jenkins3, Drew LaMar4
1. University of Pittsburgh 2. Radford University 3. BioQUEST 4. College of William and Mary
Poster about QUBES as an education gateway presented at the 2020 Partners@QUBES Leadership Summit.
Introduction to the Math Modeling Hub
10 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Jason Douma
University of Sioux Falls
The Math Modeling Hub (MMHub) is an online community of practice and OER resource repository for math modeling educators at all grade levels. We have been a partner with QUBES since our initial...
NIBLSE Collaborative Community Model for developing, disseminating, and assessing bioinformatics learning resources
08 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By William (Bill) Morgan1, Adam Kleinschmit2, Anne Rosenwald3, Eric Triplett4, Mark A. Pauley5, William Tapprich6
1. The College of Wooster 2. University of Dubuque 3. Georgetown University 4. University of Florida 5. University of Nebraska at Omaha 6. University of Nebraska-Omaha
The Network for Integrating Bioinformatics into Life Sciences Education (NIBLSE) has cultivated a collaborative community model to facilitate the development, dissemination, and assessment of...
CC-CURE Report Out from the BIOME 2020 Institute
03 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Caroline DeVan1, Eric Dyreson2, Gabriela Florido3, Joanna Werner-Fraczek3, Joseph Eason2, Kasey Nguyen3, Katie Bjornen2, Kristin Jenkins4, Kyla Flanagan, Maria Stanko1, Mary Konsolaki1, Michelle Anderson5, Sam S Donovan6
1. New Jersey Institute of Technology 2. University of Montana Western 3. Moreno Valley College 4. BioQUEST 5. The University of Montana Western 6. University of Pittsburgh
This resource includes a collection of videos describing some of the outcomes from the Interdisciplinary and Cross Course CURE working group.
Serckit - Supporting Communities in Working, Learning, and Sharing Together
By Sean Fox1, Cathryn Allen Manduca2, Ellen Iverson2
1. SERC 2. Carleton College
Over the last 18 years SERC at Carleton College has developed a collaborative platform for science education serving over one hundred projects, thousands of community authors and millions of annual...
Re-Envisioning Culture Network: A Syllabus Guide
01 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Alexis E Hunter, Michele Williams, Terrell R Morton1, Imari Deon Bramlett2, Auden Conyers2
1. University of Missouri - Columbia 2. University of Missouri
The Re-Envisioning Culture Network Syllabus aims to honor Black identity and culture while acknowledging the barriers that Black undergraduate students face through definitions, art, storytelling,...
QB@CC Poster for NABT 2020
24 Nov 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Jennifer Glee Buntz1, Joseph Esquibel2, Kristin Jenkins3, Vedham Karpakakunjaram4, Jillian Marie Miller5, Christianne Baucom Nieuwsma6, Heather Seitz7, John Howard Starnes8
1. Central New Mexico Community College 2. University of Wisconsin - Madison, Madison College 3. BioQUEST 4. Montgomery College 5. Roane State Community College 6. South Mountain Community College 7. Johnson County Community College 8. Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College
This is a poster presentation at the 2020 NABT Annual PD Conference. This poster describes the goals of QB@CC project, progress in the first year and an update on the upcoming events.
19 Nov 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
Quantitative Biology at Community Colleges: Building a Community of Biology and Math Faculty to Develop and Disseminate Open Educational Resources
31 Aug 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Vedham Karpakakunjaram1, Kristin Jenkins2
1. Montgomery College 2. BioQUEST
This is a poster presented at the SABER West 2020 conference. We introduced the grant's goals and objectives, described the leadership team and disseminated the information about the first network...
Anti-bias Education Puppet Plays
28 Jul 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Julia Robinson
Cecilia Berg Center for Environmental Education; Hefner Museum of Natural History; Miami University
Nature provides science content for teacher preparation certification programs and the backdrop for puppet plays used as a springboard for teaching the NAEYC's four goals of Anti-bias...
Actually, Data Science CAN Be Accessible: Barriers to inclusion of people with disabilities in the data science workforce pipeline and ideas for lowering them
16 Jun 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Andrew Osborne Hasley
North Carolina State University Biotechnology Program
Will draw on personal experience as a student and professional with a severe visual impairment and knowledge gained from colleagues and friends during ongoing efforts in the area of accessible...
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Ecology: Introducing the Environmental Data Science Inclusion Network (EDSIN)
21 May 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Alycia Crall1, Carrie Diaz Eaton2, Megan A. Jones1, Claire Lunch1, Katherine Jones3
1. National Ecological Observatory Network 2. Unity College 3. NEON / Battelle
The Environmental Data Science Inclusion Network (EDSIN) was launched in the spring of 2019 following an NSF INCLUDES conference. This poster, summarizing the event, was presented at the 2019...
Open QUBES - A Faculty Use Case of Open Practice
18 Nov 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Sarah Prescott
University of New Hampshire
QUBES has been a critical component of my continued success as an open scholar. This poster details several of these outcomes with my lived experience working with QUBES as an Open scholar as a...