This is a list of the requirements of this Faculty Mentoring Network (FMN). You must complete each of these items in order to receive a letter acknowledging your completion of the FMN. Detailed instructions for sharing final products will be distributed by early October, but an overview of the expectations has been shared below.
- Be an active participant for the entirety of the network
- Implement materials into at least two class periods during the Fall 2018 semester
- Share your final products to the QUBES Hub
To accomplish this goal, you must:
- Attend all of the weekly group meetings
- Post responses to assignment prompts in the forum
- Complete "homework" assignments in advance of group meetings
- Be a participant facilitator for a working group meeting
FMN materials should be implemented in at least two class periods of your Fall 2018 undergraduate biology course(s). You are expected to implement one existing Swirl course (this may include courses posted on the Swirl course repository or those made available by the FMN facilitator) and to develop and implement one new Swirl lesson. You may choose to implement the lessons in separate courses (i.e. one lesson in your intro bio course and the other in your sophomore biostatistics course). If you have a question, please don't hesitate to ask the FMN facilitator.
We ask that you share your final Swirl lesson on the QUBES Hub site along with implementation notes. More detailed instructions on this process will be posted by early October.
We understand that scheduling meetings for a group of very busy faculty participants is difficult. If you have an unexpected conflict and are unable to attend a meeting, please let your FMN facilitator know in advance.