The workshop will be held in the iDigBio conference room (105, NW 16th ST) at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, from May 24-25, with travel days on the 23rd and 26th.
This workshop is focused on implementing, customizing, and extending collections-based undergraduate modules and is part of a QUBES Faculty Mentoring Network. The workshop will bring participants from the Faculty Mentoring Network together for two days to:
- receive training on implementation of existing collections-based resources developed by AIM-UP! and BLUE
- further develop, optimize, and extend these modules to fit individual's needs for different courses.
Application period is now closed.
(1) Increase knowledge of how to effectively incorporate collections data and data literacy.
(2) Increase competency for implementing the modules effectively in the classroom.
(3) Increase knowledge of the Faculty Mentoring Network that will be available to support module implementation after the workshop.
Lodging and meals for the workshop will be provided. Some funding is available to offset travel to the May meeting, but we encourage participants to acquire additional funds.