We're sorry! Resource content is currently unavailable.
Organic nutrients, land cover, biological indicators, macroinvertebrate index, stream ecosystem structure and function
WHAT STUDENTS DO
- Explore maps of streams and land use in the US
- Analyze national water quality data sets from the US Environmental Protection Agency at regional and national scales
- Perform basic calculations from data set and generate graphs
- Relate water quality with land use
- Relate water quality with stream ecology
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
- Nuding, A., Hampton, S. (2019). Investigating human impacts on stream ecology: locally and nationally. QUBES Educational Resources. doi:10.25334/Q4ZJ0J
Relation to series
The resource is part of the series below:
Landscape Indicators:Nutrients and Macroinvertebrates
Modification of the Investigating Human Impacts on Stream Ecology Module to emphasize landscape indicators and incorporate inclusive practices.