The task is to access, clean, configure, and standardize a dataset for utility, then create a relevant and scientifically valid data visualization to communicate science.
This is designed as part of a larger group research project, where a research team works together on a larger question and a group infographic; for the infographic each student identifies a specific data resource to investigate. This could be modified for stand alone individual assignment.
Students completing this series of exercises can:
- Investigate existing data resources
- Access appropriate data resources
- Clean, configure and standardize a dataset
- Critically evaluate information derived from a dataset
- Analyze and visualize data for effective communication of science
Request Instructor Access
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: