Adapted the examples to Anatomy and Physiology relevant topics and implemented in BIO165L Anatomy and Physiology I Laboratory for non-majors.
This introduction to spreadsheet programs describes the basic organization of a worksheet, how to organize and format your data, how to perform simple mathematical calculations, how to use built-in mathematical functions, and how to select and manipulate a range of numbers.
Examples and exercise within Tutorial 1 were modified to have more relevance to the Anatomy and Physiology Laboratory. I modified the examples used in Tutorial 1 to include student height and weight. I modified the exercise used in Tutorial 1 to include data from Ki67 positive cells in lymphoma patients. I also added a homework assignment.
- Marz AP Spreadsheet Implementation Summary_Feb 16 2018.docx(DOCX | 499 KB)
- Marz_AP Data Organization and Analysis with Excel Tutorial 1.xlsx(XLSX | 570 KB)
- Marz_Tutorial I AP Homework.docx(DOCX | 17 KB)
- Spreadsheet Tutorial 1 -- Formulae, Functions, and Averages | HHMI BioInteractive
- Spreadsheet Data Analysis Tutorials | HHMI BioInteractive
- License terms
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
- Marz, A. (2018). Spreadsheet Tutorial 1: Adapted to Anatomy and Physiology. HHMI BioInteractive FMN (2017), QUBES Educational Resources. doi:10.25334/Q4VH6J