The module was implemented at University of Mount Union by Chuck McClaugherty.
- Course: BIO 230 Conservation Biology
- Course Level: General education course, mostly science majors, all levels 1st year- 4th year college
- Instructional Setting: Lecture, no lab. 65 minutes available for our field trip
- Implementation Timeframe: Three 65-minute class periods near the end of the semester
We added the following:
- Spent one class period on the use of excel in general and shared a tutorial website for excel novices. Had students bring laptops and go through exercises together in class.
- Displayed live nest cam of eagle nests before the beginning of class.
- Collected data on historic changes in Ohio eagle populations form.
- Used one class period to visit and observe a nearby active eagle nest.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: