Lesson IV - Comparative Genomics
Author(s): Anne Rosenwald1, Gaurav Arora2, Vinayak Mathur3
1. Georgetown University 2. Gallaudet University 3. Cabrini University
1176 total view(s), 655 download(s)
- Comparative Genomics KEY (10/2019)(DOCX | 783 KB)
- Comparative Genomics Exercise (10/2019)(DOCX | 58 KB)
- Part IV - Comparative Genomics-transcript.docx(DOCX | 139 KB)
- Part IV - ComparativeGenomics.pptx(PPTX | 1 MB)
- License terms
This lesson discusses the ways in which to examine related sequences, and includes pair-wise and multiple sequence alignments, as well as global and local alignments. The lesson contains a slide deck and transcript, as well as an exercise to practice alignments. The key to the exercise is also included.
Exercise and key updated Fall 2019, all others were updated as of Fall 2018. Note that because the slide decks and exercises point to external websites and web-based tools, some of the illustrations contained in the materials may not look exactly like the live website. Functionality is usually unchanged.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
- Anne Rosenwald, Gaurav Arora, Vinayak Mathur (2019). Lesson IV - Comparative Genomics. Genome Solver, (Version 2.0). QUBES Educational Resources. doi:10.25334/X06T-ZJ47
There are no comments on this resource.