Find information on common questions and issues.
Check on the status of your correspondences with members of the QUBES team.
Spatial Analysis with QGIS
13 Oct 2021 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Ryan Kerney1, Timothy Whitfeld2
1. Gettysburg College 2. Bell Museum, University of Minnesota
Map specimen data points using QGIS, connect them to form a polygon using the Concave Hull plugin, and calculate the range of a species to examine how it changes over time.
Mapping Specimen Occurrence Data in QGIS
24 Sep 2021 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Cecily Bronson
Portland State University
Use digitized natural history collection occurrence data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) to map the distribution of the beaver in the state of Oregon from 1800-2020 using QGIS
Phage Comparative Genomics Lab Manual
30 Aug 2021 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Andrew Kapinos1, Canela Torres2, Amanda Freise2
1. University of California, San Diego 2. University of California, Los Angeles
A lab manual containing detailed instructions for several bioinformatics tools (dot plots, Phamerator maps, phylogenetic trees, and gene content similarity), all of which enable students to perform...
Jul 26 2021
Genomics Education Partnership Summer Trainings
Jul 12 2021
Jun 14 2021
BCEENET to Hold Virtual Summer Meeting
Research and Teaching Opportunities with a Large-scale Salamander Collaboration Network (SPARCnet): TWS Poster
14 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Kristine Grayson1, M. Caitlin Fisher-Reid2, Louise Mead3, Hannah Coovert1, Raisa Hernández Pacheco4, Jennifer Sevin1, Alexa Warwick5, Tanya Matlaga6, Sean Sterrett7, Chris Sutherland8, Jill Fleming9, David Muñoz10, David Miller10, Evan Grant9
1. University of Richmond 2. Bridgewater State University 3. BEACON Center for the Study of Evolution in Action 4. California State University-Long Beach 5. Michigan State University 6. Susquehanna University 7. Monmouth Unversity 8. University of St Andrews 9. United States Geological Survey 10. Penn State University
Poster presented at the 2020 virtual meeting of The Wildlife Society (TWS) on research and teaching opportunities with the Salamander Population and Adaptation Research Collaboration Network...
The Genomics Education Partnership: Exploring best practices in implementation of a genomics CURE
23 Jul 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Matthew Wawersik1, Anna Allen2, Cindy Arrigo3, Andrew Arsham4, Daron Barnard5, Rebecca Burgess6, Justin DiAngelo7, Jennifer Jemc8, Christopher Jones9, Lisa Kadlec10, Adam Kleinschmit11, Judith Leatherman12, David Lopatto13, Mollie Manier14, Hemlata Mistry15, Nathan Mortimer16, Alexis Nagengast15, Susan Parish17, Anne Rosenwald18, Joyce Stamm19, Sarah Elgin20, Laura Reed21
1. William & Mary 2. Howard University 3. New Jersey City University 4. Bemidji State University 5. Worcester State University 6. Stevenson University 7. Penn State Berks 8. Loyola University Chicago 9. Moravian College 10. Wilkes University 11. Adams State University 12. University of Northern Colorado 13. Grinnell College 14. George Washington University 15. Widener University 16. Illinois State University 17. McDaniel College 18. Georgetown University 19. University of Evansville 20. Washington University in St. Louis 21. University of Alabama
Since 2006, the Genomics Education Partnership (GEP) has incorporated authentic genomics research experiences into the undergraduate curriculum.
Genomics Education Alliance: Towards Genomics CURE templates
By Vince Buonaccorsi1, Arthur Hunt2, Emily Wiley3, Sandesh Subramanya4, Wilson Leung5, Sally Elgin6
1. Juniata College 2. University of Kentucky Lexington 3. Claremont McKenna College 4. Austin Community College 5. Washington University in St. Louis 6. Washington University - St. Louis
Here we present major findings of a national survey of faculty teaching genomics CUREs conducted by the GEA, and our work on presenting relevant resources on the QUBES web portal.
SENCERizing your CURE
22 Jul 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Davida Smyth
The New School
Science Education for New Civic Engagements and Responsibilities (SENCER) is the signature initiative of the National Center for Science & Civic Engagement.
HHMI SEA-PHAGES and GENES: Course-based UREs Designed for All
21 Jul 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Vic Sivanathan
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
The HHMI Science Education Alliance (SEA) program supports a community of faculty members and institutions embed research as a fundamental component of early undergraduate science curricula.
Genome Sequence Data in R using Biostrings (Swirl Lesson)
09 Jun 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Robert E Furrow
University of California, Davis
By the end of this lesson, students should be able to load FASTA files into R as DNAStringSets and use width() and alphabetFrequency(), combined with other functions like sum() and mean(), to...
Communicating with Data: Infographic with Digital Data
22 Mar 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Anna Monfils1, Debra Linton1
Central Michigan University
Working collaboratively in teams of 2-4 researchers, students engage in targeted projects to address critical information and research needs using digital biodiversity data.
Talitha Van der Meulen