This is a list of the requirements of this Faculty Mentoring Network (FMN). You must complete each of these items in order to receive your completion letter. Detailed instructions for sharing final products will be distributed in mid-February but an overview of the expectations has been shared below.
- Be an active participant for the entirety of the network
- Create and pilot one or more scientist spotlights in your class
- Share your final products to the QUBES Hub
To accomplish this goal, you must:
- Attend all of your working group meetings
- Post responses to assignment prompts in the forum
- Post a reflection of your implementation in the forum
- Be a participant facilitator for a working group meeting
Your modifications should be implemented in at least two class periods of your Spring 2021 course(s). You may implement a small portion of a module, or the whole thing. You may choose to implement the modules in separate courses (i.e. one module in your intro bio course and the other in your senior level ecology course). If you have a question, please don't hesitate to ask one of your group leaders.
We ask that you share your teaching materials (teacher notes, curriculum materials, assessments, etc.) on the QUBES Hub site. We also ask that you share your instructor story with the community. More detailed instructions on this process will be posted in mid-February.
We understand that scheduling meetings for a group of very busy faculty participants is difficult. If you have an unexpected conflict and are unable to attend a meeting, please let your group leaders know in advance.