NEON Faculty Mentoring Network opportunity!
QUBES is partnering with the National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON) to offer a new Faculty Mentoring Network (FMN) this coming spring! Participants will work with NEON educational materials, adapting them for their spring classes. The full advertisement for this opportunity can be found below, or on the FMN webpage (https://qubeshub.org/groups/neon2018). We look forward to seeing your applications!
2018 NEON Faculty Mentoring Network
The National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON) and the Quantitative Undergraduate Biology Education and Synthesis project (QUBES) are pleased to offer a unique networking and professional development opportunity from January - May 2018 for faculty interested in implementing or adapting existing NEON teaching materials to their educational settings. Faculty who already teach using NEON data and would like to use the FMN to improve and transition it to an open educational resource are also invited to participate. More information on NEON educational materials can be found on the Teaching Resources page.
Application Information here (Deadline: December 5th, 2017)
- Participants will implement at least one NEON data-centered activity with their students during Spring 2018 semester
- Attend 1-hr online meetings twice per month from 15 January to 25 May (day/time of meeting will be determined by participant schedules)
- Participate in review and feedback of FMN colleagues' materials
- Contribute modifications or new content for posting on QUBESHub and with NEON
Benefits of participation:
- Co-authorship/Contributor: Participants will be listed as authors on the material where they make significant contributions on the NEON website.
- Classroom ready data-centered activities: Leave this FMN with several data-centered activities that have been tested and revised in the classroom.
- Publication: Participants who develop unique educational materials are encouraged to submit their materials to an educational journal such as Teaching Issues and Experiments in Ecology (TIEE) or CourseSource.
- NEON Data Education Fellow recognition: All participants who submit improvements or new content for publication with QUBES will be recognized as NEON Data Education Fellows.
More Information and Questions:
Please contact Megan Jones (mjones01@BattelleEcology.org) or Kristine Grayson (email@example.com)