Online with LSE webinar series – Better understand how to design, conduct, and interpret education studies
The Editorial Board of CBE–Life Sciences Education (LSE) and the American Society for Cell Biology invite you to Online with LSE – a journal club-style webinar offering “behind the scenes” looks into research published in LSE.
Date for this webinar is Friday, September 14, 2018.
Who: I will interview Kimberly Tanner, Professor of Biology, San Francisco State University, about her paper, Collectively Improving Our Teaching: Attempting Biology Department–wide Professional Development in Scientific Teaching.
What: An online conversation with the author, answering questions such as:
- What were the motivations to conduct this research?
- How was the research conducted?
- What are the implications of the results for teaching and/or research?
- What should others know about conducting studies like this?
Participants can also submit questions in advance or via Live Chat.
When: Friday, September 14, 12:00 pm EDT, 11:00 am CDT, 10:00 MDT, 9:00 am PDT
Where: Register to participate online
Why: This new, monthly webinar series is designed to provide life science educators worldwide with insights about how to design, conduct, and interpret education studies.
We hope you will join the conversation!
Editor-in-Chief, CBE–Life Sciences Education
P.S. Save the Date for future Online with LSE webinars:
- Friday, October 12, 2018, 12:00 pm EDT (11:00 am CDT, 10:00 MDT, 9:00 am PDT) join author Tessa Andrews, PhD, as she discusses her paper, Teacher Knowledge for Active-Learning Instruction: Expert–Novice Comparison Reveals Differences
- Friday, November 9, 2018, 12:00 pm EST (11:00 am CST, 10:00 MST, 9:00 am PST) join author Mica Estrada, PhD, as she discusses her paper, A Longitudinal Study of How Quality Mentorship and Research Experience Integrate Underrepresented Minorities into STEM Careers