The lesson teaches about synteny or the order of genes along a chromosome, which is useful for looking at orthologous genes between two species or strains.
The lesson contains a powerpoint slide deck, an exercise (which requires the download of a piece of free software called Mauve - directions are included), and the key to the exercise.
- AR39_PRIPRegion.faa(FAA | 2 KB)
- CWL029_PRIPRegion.faa(FAA | 1 KB)
- J138_PRIPRegion.faa(FAA | 1 KB)
- LPCoLN_PRIPRegion.faa(FAA | 2 KB)
- Synteny Exercise -July2020.docx(DOCX | 8 MB)
- Synteny Exercise Key-July2020.docx(DOCX | 8 MB)
- Synteny_ Aug 142020 WS. pptx.pptx(PPTX | 14 MB)
- TW183_PRIPRegion.faa(FAA | 1 KB)
- License terms
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Materials were updated summer 2020 to reflect changes to the external tools cited in the lesson.