We're sorry! Resource content is currently unavailable.
TIEE Module- How does nutrient pollution impact stream ecosystems locally and nationally? This is an adaptation of the module that includes statistical testing and links sections to a lab report writing.
Adapted from: Investigating human impacts on stream ecology: locally and nationally v 1.0
Organic nutrients, land cover, biological indicators, macroinvertebrate index, stream ecosystem structure and function
WHAT STUDENTS DO
- Explore maps of streams and land use in the US
- Analyze national water quality data sets from the US Environmental Protection Agency at regional and national scales
- Perform descriptive statistics, t-tests, and create box plots and line graphs with best-fit lines
- Relate water quality with land use
- Relate water quality with stream ecology
- Write the introduction, results, and discussion of a lab report.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
- Pollina, E. C. (2020). Investigating human impacts on stream ecology: locally and nationally. ESA Data Access - Inclusive Pedagogy, QUBES Educational Resources. doi:10.25334/ZJ6E-D163