Find information on common questions and issues.
Check on the status of your correspondences with members of the QUBES team.
Jan 13 2022
Antibody Engineering Hackathon January 2022
Squirreling from Afar: Adapting Squirrel-Net Modules for Remote Teaching and Learning
30 Aug 2021 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Laurie Dizney*1, Johanna Varner2, Jennifer M. Duggan3, Hayley C. Lanier4, Patrice K. Connors2, Liesl P. Erb5, Elizabeth A. Flaherty6, Christopher J. Yahnke7, John D. Hanson8
1. University of Portland 2. Colorado Mesa University 3. California State University, Monterey Bay 4. University of Oklahoma 5. Warren Wilson College 6. Purdue University 7. University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point 8. Institute for Biodiversity Research and Education
The shift from face-to-face instruction to remote teaching and learning has proven to be a challenging endeavor for many reasons, including lack of time, resources, and inspiration. Lab courses,...
The Pipeline CURE: An Iterative Approach to Introduce All Students to Research Throughout a Biology Curriculum
29 Aug 2021 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Teresa W. Lee1, Brandon S. Carpenter1, Onur Birol1, David J. Katz*1, Karen L. Schmeichel*2
1. Emory University 2. Oglethorpe University
Participation in research provides personal and professional benefits for undergraduates. However, some students face institutional barriers that prevent their entry into research, particularly...
Assessment of CUREs BIOME Institute 2020 Report Out
19 Nov 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Mentewab Ayalew1, Holly Basta2, John Howard Starnes3, Mark Osterlund4, Emily Ward4, Marcie Warner5, Molly Phillips6
1. Spelman College 2. Rock Mountain College 3. Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College 4. Rocky Mountain College 5. University of Pittsburgh 6. iDigBio, Florida Museum of Natural History, University of Florida
This is a video summary of the progress to date and individual plans for the Assessment of CUREs Working Group as part of 2020 BIOME Institute. ...
The Genomics Education Partnership: Exploring best practices in implementation of a genomics CURE
23 Jul 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Matthew Wawersik1, Anna Allen2, Cindy Arrigo3, Andrew Arsham4, Daron Barnard5, Rebecca Burgess6, Justin DiAngelo7, Jennifer Jemc8, Christopher Jones9, Lisa Kadlec10, Adam Kleinschmit11, Judith Leatherman12, David Lopatto13, Mollie Manier14, Hemlata Mistry15, Nathan Mortimer16, Alexis Nagengast15, Susan Parish17, Anne Rosenwald18, Joyce Stamm19, Sarah Elgin20, Laura Reed21
1. William & Mary 2. Howard University 3. New Jersey City University 4. Bemidji State University 5. Worcester State University 6. Stevenson University 7. Penn State Berks 8. Loyola University Chicago 9. Moravian College 10. Wilkes University 11. Adams State University 12. University of Northern Colorado 13. Grinnell College 14. George Washington University 15. Widener University 16. Illinois State University 17. McDaniel College 18. Georgetown University 19. University of Evansville 20. Washington University in St. Louis 21. University of Alabama
Since 2006, the Genomics Education Partnership (GEP) has incorporated authentic genomics research experiences into the undergraduate curriculum.
Genomics Education Alliance: Towards Genomics CURE templates
By Vince Buonaccorsi1, Arthur Hunt2, Emily Wiley3, Sandesh Subramanya4, Wilson Leung5, Sally Elgin6
1. Juniata College 2. University of Kentucky Lexington 3. Claremont McKenna College 4. Austin Community College 5. Washington University in St. Louis 6. Washington University - St. Louis
Here we present major findings of a national survey of faculty teaching genomics CUREs conducted by the GEA, and our work on presenting relevant resources on the QUBES web portal.
SENCERizing your CURE
22 Jul 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Davida Smyth
The New School
Science Education for New Civic Engagements and Responsibilities (SENCER) is the signature initiative of the National Center for Science & Civic Engagement.
Growing from Tiny Earth: A model for interdisciplinary CUREs at Johnson County Community College
20 Jul 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Heather Seitz1, Morgan Albright1
Johnson County Community College
This resource includes a video that highlights how Tiny Earth is implemented and a poster that shows independent research done by students after participating in the CURE courses.
Genome Sequence Data in R using Biostrings (Swirl Lesson)
09 Jun 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Robert E Furrow
University of California, Davis
By the end of this lesson, students should be able to load FASTA files into R as DNAStringSets and use width() and alphabetFrequency(), combined with other functions like sum() and mean(), to...
Dominique A Ingato
Scratch Assay Tutorial
out of 5 stars
20 Sep 2019 | Contributor(s):: Keller Smith, Nathan s Reyna
Roslyn Nicole Crowder
Christine Meredith Simmons
2018 Freshman Research Initiative Conference
25 Sep 2018 |
Posted by Elia Crisucci
REGISTER HERE (Registration Deadline: 9/28/18)
VISITOR INFORMATION AND ACCOMMODATION
October 3-5, 2018 in Austin, TX
Launched in 2005, The Freshman Research Initiative (FRI)...
Undergraduate Research at Lane Community College
20 Jun 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Stacey Kiser
Lane Community College, BioQUEST
Session presentation on CURES at Lane Community College presented at the 2018 QUBES/BioQUEST Summer Workshop