Lab Book Docs
Here are links to Google Docs/Sheets/Forms for each of the activities in the Lab Book. If you want to use any of these, including having students enter or display data, please copy the document to your Google Drive by selecting "Make a copy..." in the File menu. Otherwise, data from instructors and students of different Avida-ED course implementations will conflict. If you would like you can also download the file in different formats (for example: Word, PDF).
For access to activity answer keys, after you (create and) login with your QUBES account, you may find them listed here.
- Introduction: Avida-ED and Digital Evolution
- Exercise 1: Exploring the Introduction of Genetic Variation by Random Mutation
- Exercise 2: Exploring Random Mutation and Selection
- Exercise 3: Exploring Fitness and Population Change under Selection
- Data Collection
- Exercise 4: Exploring Population Change without Selection Requires workspace (below) containing nine distinct genotypes with equivalent fitness.
Exploring Population Change without Selection - colors only Does not require a separate workspace file; uses nine cloned organisms.
- Independent Research: Experimental Evolution Project