This is a list of the requirements of this Faculty Mentoring Network (FMN). You must complete each of these items in order to receive the ESA Education Scholar title. Detailed instructions for sharing final products will be distributed in mid-March, but an overview of the expectations has been shared below.
- Be an active participant for the entirety of the network
- Implement 2 of the selected TIEE modules in your Spring 2019 course(s)
- Share your final products to the QUBES Hub and make a post about your implementation on EcoEd Digital Library
To accomplish this goal, you must:
- Attend all of your working group meetings
- Post responses to assignment prompts in the forum
- Post a reflection of your implementation in the forum
- Be a participant facilitator for a working group meeting
Your modifications of 2 modules should be implemented in your Spring 2018 course(s). You may implement a small portion of a module, or the whole thing. You may choose to implement the modules in separate courses (i.e. one module in your intro bio course and the other in your senior level ecology course). If you have a question, please don't hesitate to ask one of your group leaders
We ask that you share your teaching materials (teacher notes, curriculum materials, assessments, etc.) on the QUBES Hub site (see here for examples from last year's ESA FMN participants). We also ask that you post a short comment about your implementation to the EcoEd Digital Library where the original TIEE modules are stored (see here for examples from last year's Data Discovery participants). More detailed instructions on this process will be posted in mid-March.
We understand that scheduling meetings for a group of very busy faculty participants is difficult. If you have an unexpected conflict and are unable to attend a meeting, please let your group leaders know in advance.