As a peer-supported educational community, each Faculty Mentoring Network (FMN) depends upon the sustained contributions of all FMN members. Below is a list of expectations for applicants selected to participate in this FMN. Completion of these expectations will be recognized by a Letter of Completion following the close of the FMN.
- Be an active participant for the entirety of the network
- Implement materials into at least two class periods during the Fall 2021 semester
- Share your final products to the QUBES Hub
To accomplish this goal, you should:
- Attend all of working group meetings.
- Post responses to assignment prompts in the forum.
- Post a reflection of your implementation in the forum.
- Be a participant facilitator for a working group meeting.
Your modifications should be implemented in at least two class periods of your Fall 2021 course(s). You may implement a small portion of a module, or the whole thing. You may choose to implement the modules in separate courses (i.e. one module in your intro bio course and the other in your senior level ecology course) or one. If you have a question, please don't hesitate to ask one of your group leaders.
We ask that you share your adapted teaching materials (teacher notes, curriculum materials, assessments, etc.) on the QUBES Hub site for FMN participants and fellow educators. We also ask that you share your instructor story with the community. More detailed instructions on the publication process will be posted mid-semester.
We understand that scheduling meetings for a group of busy faculty participants is difficult. If you have an unexpected conflict and are unable to attend a meeting, please let your group leaders know in advance.