Find information on common questions and issues.
Check on the status of your correspondences with members of the QUBES team.
Social Justice & Community Change QUBES Faculty Mentoring Network 2021
03 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Tamara Basham1, Mary Mulcahy2, Denise Piechnik2, Pat Marsteller3
1. Collin County Commuity College District 2. University of Pittsburgh at Bradford 3. Emory University
In this Faculty Mentoring Network we will examine the historical practice of redlining and how social and economic factors over the last century have created disparities in environmental conditions...
In this Faculty Mentoring Network we will examine the historical practice of redlining, and how social and economic factors over the last century have created disparities in environmental...
Social Justice Working Group - Scientist Spotlights
By Pat Marsteller1, Sarah Prescott2, Justin Michael Bradshaw3, Kristen Butela4, Robert E Furrow5, Pratima Jindal6, Rachel Pigg7, Merrie Renee Richardson8, Sheela Vemu9, Suann Yang10
1. Emory University 2. University of New Hampshire 3. Johnston Community College 4. University of Pittsburgh 5. University of California, Davis 6. Waubonsee Community College 7. University of Louisville 8. Southcentral Kentucky Community & Technical College 9. Waubonsee Community College - Tenure Track and Northern Illinois University 10. State University of New York College at Geneseo
This is a reporting out of the work done by participants in the Social Justice Working group that formed as part of the BIOME 2020 Institute, which is focused on the creation and use of scientist...
01 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Pat Marsteller1, Sarah Prescott2, Justin Michael Bradshaw3, Kristen Butela4, Pratima Jindal5, Rachel Pigg6, Merrie Renee Richardson7, Sheela Vemu8, Suann Yang9
1. Emory University 2. University of New Hampshire 3. Johnston Community College 4. University of Pittsburgh 5. Waubonsee Community College 6. University of Louisville 7. Southcentral Kentucky Community & Technical College 8. Waubonsee Community College - Tenure Track and Northern Illinois University 9. Presbyterian College
Terrell R Morton
S-JEDI Learning Group Resource
27 Aug 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Carrie Diaz Eaton1, Jasmine Roberts2, Pat Marsteller3, Maggie Diamond-Stanic4
1. Bates College and QUBES 2. The Ohio State University 3. Emory University 4. Bates College
This resource provides a curriculum for a 6 week learning group centered on examining social justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion, specifically geared to organizational leaders in open education.
Meeting Report: Sustainability Challenges for Open Resources to promote an Equitable Undergraduate Biology Education (SCORE-UBE) Network
13 Aug 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Carrie Diaz Eaton1, Kaitlin Bonner2, Karen Cangialosi3, Bryan Dewsbury4, Maggie Diamond-Stanic5, Jason Douma6, Michelle Smith7, Jeremy M Wojdak8
1. Bates College and QUBES 2. St. John Fisher College 3. Keene State College 4. University of Rhode Island 5. Bates College 6. University of Sioux Falls 7. Cornell University 8. Radford University
We report on the SCORE-UBE Network Summit, which involved participants from multiple sectors in open educational resources (OER) in an on-going discussion about sustainability of OER in tandem with...
Assoc/Full Prof opportunity at Bates
08 Nov 2019 |
Posted by Carrie Diaz Eaton
Dear QUBES Community:
For folks of a computational nature, there's a tenured opening in my Digital and Computational Studies [DCS] program with endowed chairship eligibility. We are looking...
Data Science for Social Good
08 Nov 2018 |
Posted by Alycia Crall
Data for Black Lives
EQUITY, SOCIAL JUSTICE AND BIOLOGY: DEMYSTIFYING RACE WITH GENETICS OF HUMAN SKIN COLOR
19 Jun 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Vedham Karpakakunjaram
Poster on a case study on the genetics of human skin color presented at the 2018 QUBES/BioQUEST Summer Workshop
Carrie Diaz Eaton